My Mind News

This is my brain. I'm pretty sure it's not on drugs.

Monday, July 19, 2004

Naming Names

I got to the thinking about Kobe Bryant and his situation. His accuser desperately wants to be unnamed and now she fears for her safety if her name is revealed. Well if she gets to hide in anonymity why is it that Kobe can't? How is it that Kobe Bryant's name rings the same tone as a sexual violator? Is that fair for him? I think not.
 
According to the law, Kobe Bryant is innocent until proved guilty. Therefore that means his accuser hasn't been raped until it is proven. Therefore she should bear no rights to such anonymity. In my opinion it is the accused that should have protection, not the accuser.
 
In saying this, I hit to the web and dug up who his accuser was. What's interesting about public information is that it's just that...available to the public. So why even try to hide when one can simply just dig up your info in a matter of minutes.
 
So we all know who Kobe Bryant is. But who is his accuser?
 
Her name is Katelyn Kristine Faber.

Feel free to send her a nice card or flowers for support at 0817 Brush Creek Ct., Eagle, CO 81631. If you're frugal like me,  you can just try an easier method. Like perhaps a phone call. So feel free to pick up the ole' phone and give Kate a call at (970) 328-6652. I know some people can stumble and get nervous on the phone, so don't fret. You can just as well send her an email which is nice and simple. So send your email of support to fabe5088@blue.unco.edu.
 
And if you live in Colorado, you just might see her around. So be sure to give her your best wishes. What's that? You don't know what she looks like? Oh my mistake, here let me help you out with that.

 
 

 



In my personal opinion, the accused stands more to lose. After all, at present, he is justly innocent. There's no reason for Kate to be anonymous. After all, it's public information.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home