My Mind News

This is my brain. I'm pretty sure it's not on drugs.

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Road to Nowhere

There are way to many crazed drivers on the road. During my early days of driving, I too was one of them. But then it was just to impress my friends with my dippin' & trippin' skills behind the wheel of a car. The fact that I had a '94 red Geo Metro meant absolutely nothing. Believe it or not I was still stuck with a $400 speeding ticket for driving 40mph over the limit.

After paying such a hefty fine, I made the decision to stop speeding. And I haven't since. Well...that's not entirely true. Of course I go over the limit, as does everyone, but I do not exceed it by 5mph. My results? A more calmer driving experience.

My mother's boyfriend unfortunately does not have such patience behind the wheel. He's a good guy and treats my mom right, but good God that man is a bastard at the wheel. It's like he's a whole new man where he even dared to snap at my mom a few times in my presence. Luckily I had the sense to figure out it was just his road rage, cause Lord only knows what my fists would do to any man that treated my mother wrong. Well, maybe her second husband knows. He awarded himself with a Cannon sibling beat down back in '95.

Back to my point of this topic though...

Why do people drive so insanely and with so much anger? Why the need to speed? Why endanger your lives and the lives of others? Why insist on driving when your impaired by either fatigue or intoxication?

I just don't get it. So much needed stress you're putting on yourself that isn't necessary. Why the rush? Just slow down. Enjoy the ride. Trust me. You're going to get to where you need to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home