My Mind News

This is my brain. I'm pretty sure it's not on drugs.

Sunday, June 06, 2004

Bogus Boca

It's not a secret that I'm trying to eat healthier to knock off some of this excess fat that decided to call my body home. In doing so, my fiancee and I started buying these vegeterian burgers and other types of phony meat.

By itself, they don't taste that great, but when dressed up with all the typical burger fixings, the stuff isn't that half bad. So I suppose the vegans aren't suffering all that bad after all.

However, an idea struck me that was kinda interesting. Why ulimately deny yourself meat if it's what you crave? I mean that's why they have these artificial meat substitutes right? They acknowledge the fact they want and desire meat, but they are held up on the idea that they don't need to fully satisfy their own desires.

If you want to make a statement, why not just omit it all together. I mean I kinda relate it to swearing and censorship. What's the difference between saying, "God damn fucking asshole!" and "Gosh darn friggin a-hole!" Either way the same idea was conveyed. Your swearing while pretending that you're not swearing.

So isn't it the same with these phony burger eating vegans? Whether they are eating phony meat or real meat, aren't they saying it's okay to eat meat?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend...

Go rent a movie called 'Pink Flamingos' by John Waters.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069089/

You will get video proof of 'chicken fuckers' along with a lot more sexual deviancy than anyone should ever have to know about. You will feel dirty and disgusting after that movie, but you can truly say 'I've seen a chickenfucker in action once... let me tell you all about it...'

(shudder)

-Myche

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home