My Mind News

This is my brain. I'm pretty sure it's not on drugs.

Thursday, May 06, 2004

1984 revisited

At any point in time are we going to just want to be okay with the truths of war and 9-11? I can't speak for everyone, but I know I'm kinda feed up with all the touchy touchy feel good, don't say anything wrong kinda stuff.

We get to watch the slaughter of a wounded Iraqi militant while Marines laugh on CNN....

Click here to see CNN clip


....but we can't see pictures of US soldiers dead. It seems like only foreign media sources are interested in telling both sides of the story.


Slain US Soldier in Iraq (Picture Only)


I know...it's a horrific picture. But it too is the reality of what's going on over there. Just take a minute to look at the two different media sources. Something is very off when it comes to what we are allowed to see and what remains hidden.

I don't get it. If we're in a war, and we want to support the war in full, then we need to know the reality of the war. What's with all this censorship? We can't have a true democratic republic, when the democracy can't see what's really going on with the republic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home