My Mind News

This is my brain. I'm pretty sure it's not on drugs.

Sunday, April 25, 2004

My Clone and Me

I like myself. Granted there are some things that I work to change, but overall I'm pleased with who I am.

But today at the grocery story I bought a clone of myself. Identical me. Took 10 minutes to create me. And I must say, I'm a good looking gent when checking myself out.

A thought crossed my mind as me and my clone walked across the grocery store parking lot and back to the car. "Am I going to like this dude?"

On the way to the car neither one of us talked to each other yet. I mean what is it that we have to say. At this point everything he knows I know. As I headed to the driver's side door I realized that my clone was headed that way too. We both like to drive and be in control of any vehicle we take out on the road. I conceded and let my clone drive hoping there wasn't any disfunction in his genetic makeup.

"Be careful', was my first words to him.

"Dude, you know I am", came his reply.

Do I really sound like that? I always thought I sounded bolder. It must be just him. After all, I can't expect a copy to be just like me? Can I?

As we were driving, I realized how shitty of a driver my clone was. I always thought I was the safest driver in the world, but this clude has one hand on the steering wheel and the other drinking out of my soda. My Soda!!

"Dude, that's mine," I expelled grabbing the bottle from his hand before his backwash would go back in the bottle.

"Gimme a million breaks," my clone defended. "From my point of view this is my soda."

He had a point. Our genes were identical. But just the thought of another person's backwash in my soda was not something I can jive with. But maybe he was a bit thirsty from the cloning process, so I handed the bottle back to him.

After finishing the soda and tossing it on the floor by my feet, he chuckled. "What do yo think Krista is going to say about you?"

About me? Heck this dude's the clone. But I suppose she might get ticked off that she's going to have to deal with two of us now. And it was my money that was spent on this whole cloning deal. Damn product placement. I went in to buy some milk and carrots, and come out with a clone.

"Heck I was thinking we didn't have to tell her," I answered. "I was just figuring..."

"...that the clone go out there nasty and the original could stay at home and raise the family. And maybe once in awhile, we'd switch off." the clone finished my thought.

Before I questioned how he knew that I realized that he shared all my thoughts up until the point of the actual cloning process. "Kinda sounds stupid now that we're both here eh? I love Krista just as much as you. And if you're not going to cheat on her, then why the heck do you think I would be willing to?" my clone concluded the thought.

My clone poised a good question. And he knew that I knew it was a good question. After all, I'm good at asking good questions, and I wouldn't expect anything less from my clone.

"I was figuring since that I'm the one engaged to her..."

My clone darted a look over to me completely ignoring the road. "What? Wait, wait, wait...."

Putting his attention back on the traffic, he slowed down and pulled over to the road. He looked back at me, "Look, we might be the same, but from this point on we can't obviously live the same."

"Your point?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm sure you're not going to want to hear this as I know I wouldn't want to here it, but dude, you're a fucking clone. My life is my life. You were just an impulse purchase that I thought would be cool to have around."

I looked at my clone in horror at what he disclosed to me. It was at that point I felt something dangling from my ear. Reaching up I yanked it off in my confused fury. In my hands I held a price tag. My God, I'm the clone.

**********************************************************************************

Moral of the story?

Human cloning sucks.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home