My Mind News

This is my brain. I'm pretty sure it's not on drugs.

Saturday, April 10, 2004

"Known Murderer Free Without Trial"

As I sat upstairs enjoying my boredom, I heard harsh words of verbal discontent as my wallet came back home from the movies with her younger brother, sister, and father. It sounded as if an argument was brewing, and at least one door slammed.

My wallet stormed up the stairs and I could see that she was visibally upset about something. What followed was a brief argument due to her displacement of agression, but that's another topic for yet another day.

While calm, I asked her what was the matter? Why this agression? Who are you really mad at? She relaxed with my calm understanding, and let me know the true cause of her negativity.

Apparently, the lighter of our two fat cats, Zeus, was caught tortoring a screaming baby rabbit on the porch as they were exiting the car in the driveway. It was a horrifying event for my love as she has an attachment for animals and can't bear to see such "inhumanity". All blame went to her younger 14 year old sister as she was the one that let the cat out. And we all know what Zeus is a sadistic serial killer while outside, so we shouldn't let him out.

Something struck me as being a bit off. Zeus is a common house cat. And one thing that's known about the housecat is that they are cold blooded killers. I mean seriously, these cats kill millions upon millions of mice, birds, and other small creatures annually. They kill for the sake of pure entertainment. It's in their nature. And who are we to keep a cat from doing what it does naturally?

People create these false personafications of their domesticated animals. They want to believe they are cute and cuddly and could do no harm. But even our dog is guilty of "murdering" two members of that same rabbit family that inhabits our garden.

In my opinion, let them be as they are. Why cage them in their prison we call home? It's apparent that these animals yearn for the outside. Half the day the cats are staring out the window daydreaming of all the mice to kill. And everytime the dog hears the jingle of the car keys, he flips out in hopes that he can come along for the ride.

Anger was not the emotion my dear love should have had. Rather it should have been that of acceptance. Zeus is a crazed killer cat. I can accept that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home