My Mind News

This is my brain. I'm pretty sure it's not on drugs.

Monday, April 12, 2004

Employee Lies to Boss - As if that was really news.

I wanted a day off.

Mainly I needed to reset my biological sleeping clock. Working third shift screwed me up on that, so I figured if I took an extra day off this holiday weekend, I could get the sleep I needed at the proper hour I needed to set myself back on track.

Of course I needed to call into the boss at work and let them know I'm not coming in. But of course, I can't just say I'm not coming in and leave it at that. Nor could I call them and tell them the reasoning that I wanted to take that day off. (Keep in mind, I'm new to this company and don't have any paid days off that I can take.)

So what do I do?

I call my love and we devise a sinister plot to lie to my boss. But what story do I need to tell them? I already used up my liquid bowel excuse the week before when I wanted a day off, so I can't use that one again. So brainstormed for like 10 minutes then came up with our story.

Our story was that her brother came back in town from the Navy to celebrate Easter with us. He borrowed our car said he wanted to go visit some friends. And my placed me in Milwaukee with my family, which is an hour and a half away. Well her brother isn't able to be reached as his cellphone service isn't connecting him. And we have no idea where the car is so that I can get back to Janesville to get to work. Soooo, I'm not going to be able to go to work.

Now here's my gripe....

Why do I have to lie in the first place? Why can't I just say, "Hey I'm not coming in cause I'll be too tired" and leave it at that? Well I guess I could, but they won't give a shit and they'll want me to come in anyways. And what sense would that make to have a weary employee on the job. You'd think they'd want the best for me so that I can fully function properly on the job.

Stupid Corporate Politics.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home