My Mind News

This is my brain. I'm pretty sure it's not on drugs.

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Yet I Laughed

2 to 1 odds that the Brit gets his head cut off by tomorrow evening.

That's a joke that popped into my head when I was read the Yahoo article about the third of three captives who made his final plea for life.

Then it hit me. I actually made a joke and laughed at it. And what's worse...I didn't feel bad about it either. Now before you spout off your hatred to me, allow me to finish.

I have become desensitized to all the slaughter in Iraq. I'm so used to hear it, that it's becoming just ordinary news. Just like when I lived in Milwaukee, all the murders and rapes never made the front page. Rather it was a paragraph or two planted between the stock report and the classified ads.

Was it not a few months back when I was left with tears in my eyes at the news of Nick Berg's brutal murder in Iraq? What the hell happened? I'm at this point now where I'm just so fucking sick and tired about hearing of the whole thing.

I'm not starting to turn to that point where we should just move on in and take out every last suspected terrorist. I'm just baffled at the idea that these terrorists can take them hostage, and we can't find them until there's a headless corpse lying in an alley.

Maybe that's where all this is stemming? My dissatisfaction with what's going on over there. But another situation arises with just that train of thought. What would make me satisfied?

I suppose I have learned one thing from this whole experience. Never get involved with a chick who's a terrorist. When we're fooling around, I might make the mistake of asking her to give me head. And the last thing I should do is be surprised if she pulls out a huge knife and a camcorder.....

.......and yet I laughed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home